Saturday, February 02, 2008

The things Dad loves

Coming home after a long day to have you run up to me to give me a big hug and lay your head on my shoulder.

You behaved perfectly the whole car ride. It helped that I stopped at Dunkin Donuts for you. They didn't have any "black munchkins" that you keep asking for, so I bought you six white ones and a black donut. You ate almost all of them and managed to keep the glaze out of your hair. Your face was a different story. But I handed you a wet wipe while driving (yes mom I can do that) and you wiped your face and hands. You are growing up before my eyes.

As we drove into Boston you kept asking to go through the tunnels (under the bridges). Then we really went into a tunnel and you loved it. You kept looking at all the tall buildings and were so excited. We parked, you jumped into your stroller and we headed to the New England Aquarium. Your eyes lit up when you saw the seals outside being fed. You laughed and kept saying "hello seal!" over and over again. You could have spent all day outside, but being the father I am you were poorly dressed for the weather so we headed inside.



First stop was the penguins. They were also being fed. They flipped and flapped in the water and you laughed hysterically. You loved watching them. The rest of the aquarium was a blur. We went from exhibit to exhibit, you watching all the fish, the frogs, the turtles, even a snake. However, you were a little scared at the giant tank with the sharks and divers in it. You were petrified at the divers for some reason.You jumped into my arms and I held you there protecting you from them behind 3 foot thick glass.



You were a little hesitant about reaching you hands into the tidal pool to touch the horseshoe crab and starfish. I did it first to show you they were not going to hurt you. Soon after you slowly dipped your hands in, then started petting the starfish. The next thing I know you had picked the whole starfish out of the water. Then you grabbed the spider crab and did the same. You love learning about creatures and didn't want to leave even though you hands were freezing.



After the Aquarium we had a lunch date at the Hard Rock Cafe. It was your naptime so you didnt eat too much. But you behaved very well and I was so proud to be out with you at lunch.


Sunday morning you woke me up a little too early. 5am to be exact. I stumbled downstairs while you were crying, made you some milk, put you back in your crib and tried to go back to sleep. You slept, I didnt. So at 6am when you woke up again I brought you into bed with me and we hung out and watched television.

We got dressed then dad surprised you with tickets to see Finding Nemo on Ice at the Verizon Center in Manchester. Even though I bought you your own seat, you sat on my lap the whole first half. After intermission you were a little more brazen and sat in your own seat. Then stood for the rest of the show, clapping and dancing in delight of Nemo and all his friends.

Mom had fun with her girlfriends in Boston while we had our own special weekend.



One that I will not forget anytime soon.

No comments: