Thursday, January 17, 2008

Sit on dada's head

Charlotte likes to be a hat. She loves to have dad lift her up and then sit on his head. She laughs and looks down at him while he looks up at her and says, "Dada Hat!". No wonder dad is now seeing a chiropractor.

Good news is we have not needed to build a moat yet. She continues to wake up at 4 or 5 am and cries but is not crawling out of her crib. This morning dad couldnt take it any longer so we went downstairs and made a bottle for her at 4 am. She fell back asleep for a couple more hours. Parents who have bad sleepers are so strange about really talking about their childrens sleep habits, as if they jinx themselves. Of course those parents who have kids that sleep all night until 8am and then take 2 hour naps love to share how wonderful their kids sleep. You know who you are! And yes we are jealous.

You should also be jealous. Charlotte wants to be a nun. As a father I am fine with that. It will keep her out of trouble is she starts practicing now.

Here is Sister Charlotte with her habit on. Or a pair of moms underwear. Same difference. (yes they are clean)


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you mean three hour naps! I am sure you can understand as you see how Liam runs around all day. Sorry. I bet the new baby is sleeping through the night by five weeks!!

Love,
Tiff

James Michael said...

Yes Tiff...3 -4 hr naps aren't they???

Amy said...

I hear ya barking...this week we have averaged 2-3 hours of sleep max per night...granted Haden has been sick but he doesn't sleep great when he feels good...however Hunter turned 3 and now is the best sleeper in the house!! This too shall pass...but my eyes look like 2 pissholes in the snow! I need botox! Love Amy

The Snyder's said...

Shelby - Only an hour nap yesterday, nothing like Thursdays whopping 4 hours...we'll see what today is like!

Anonymous said...

As a parent of a so far so good sleeper- I too am afraid to talk about his good sleeping habits in fear of jinxing myself! I'm sure that I will be paid back in full with the next Baby Shea.

-Melissa

Tamra said...

I had to laugh when I read this. You are SO RIGHT and I cannot even begin to tell you that there is NO WAY we are getting rid of the night time bottle until our sleep deficit is in better shape! LOL We have one on STANDBY at all times......it gets us a few more hours or sometimes only 20 minutes in the early morning hours. And we've lost naps too. Hit or miss. Usually if we're in the car she'll nap but thats it :( SIGH I hope your second baby sleeps like a rock. Either of you good sleepers?