Sunday, June 17, 2007

Award Winner!!!



Thank you to everyone out there (especially my wife Shelby and daughter Charlotte) for voting me Father of the Year 2007!! I didn't realize how big of a following this site has and again I can not thank everyone enough for voting for me.

I really don't think I deserve the award but I do humbly accept it. I do what lots of other fathers do. I love my wife and daughter and dogs and I do whatever I can to take care of them and ensure they have a loving household. Thats about it. I spend as much time as I can with my family because I want to and because they make me smile and laugh and make me forget about everything that is bad is this world. For that they should get the award not me.


It was a little embarrassing receiving an actual trophy. I can't remember the last time I was presented with a trophy at a banquet. Plus getting up in front of a crowd of other fathers to speak when you are not expecting it is always a little tough. Thank you for listening to my speech and for laughing at the jokes. Yes I was very nervous but that was mostly because of the camera crews from the local media outlets. I would have expected the local paper, but the Boston news channels was definitely an unexpected surprise. I will post a video copy of the interview as soon as I get it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I thought I saw a quick clip of you on CNN but I wasn't sure. Other than your award, I hope you had a great 2nd Father's Day.

Love,
Tiff

Snowflowers Mum said...

Sadly Mike, they have decided to take back the trophy and give it to George Bush, seems that there was an issue in Florida when they counted the ballots.

Maybe next time dude.

Hayley, Mike & Piper

p.s. there is a support group out there for folks like you...
'nofreakinwayyoucheatinSOBs@yahoogroups.com I hear the moderator is a lovely chap, contact him at a.gore@floridaisapisshole.com

Amy said...

Mike, I never know when to take you seriously...I swear I believe it...you know the whole Ghost thing and then I'm like okay he is full of sh-t!! Ha! You are definately a good story teller!! There must be an award out there for that! Amy