Monday, September 11, 2006

It goes without saying

September 11, 2006
Tonight I held my daughter in my arms rocking her until she fell asleep. I am thankfull for my family, for my wife, for my daughter. I am thankful Charlotte was not yet born to experience the tragedy. I am thankfull she hasn't had to experience the same anger, sadness, and fear that we all experienced.

Five years ago hundreds of children had to learn to sleep without a father or mother. Wives lost husbands, husbands lost wives, and suddenly we live in a world where you never know what will happen next. I am thankfull I have learned to take the time to tell my wife I love her and take the time to enjoy holding my daughter in my arms. Not just on this day five years later but every day.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families that were not as fortunate as ours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautifully put.