Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Parenting tips

Tip #451. Before video taping your children doing spectacular things ensure the video camera is recording. It's one thing to be frustrated for not having your video camera with you when they are doing something cute. It's another thing to think you are recording the $100,000 winner on Americas Funniest Home Videos only to realize you didn't push the little record button.

Check frequently during the 20 minute taping of your daughter reciting the Curious George Movie including multiple voices for each role, arm movements, and rants and raves about the man in the yellow hat. Only to be followed by spectacular faces and laughing about her performance. You can thank me later for the tips.

Tip #57C. Bribe your children to eat, drink, or behave by using things they love. Starting when she was very little, we have always watered down Charlotte's juice. 10% juice 90% water. The problem is now she only wants to drink water that tastes like juice. Straight filtered water? Nope. Add a few drops of apple juice? Yup. However, since she is now on the ballet kick, we told her Ballerina's only drink water. It seems to have worked. She chugged away thinking it would turn her into a ballerina. However, later on she got us back by not eating dinner. The next night the same thing. We joked about it at dinner later saying, well Ballerina's really don't eat.

The ballet bug has spread through the girls quickly. Mom took Charlotte to get real ballet shoes for her class. And of course some tights and a leotard. Suddenly Charlotte is Claire from the Nutcracker. Prancing around calling the dogs the mice and dad the nutcracker.

French ballet move called Stork Pose en pointe:


I cant stop looking at my real ballet slippers!


Even my hair looks like a ballerina:


I will listen to the instructor intently:


I can't believe I am a ballerina!



Maeve wished she was bigger so she could join in on the fun as well. Mom did her best to make sure she wasn't left out by putting her into her ballet outfit.

Don't forget about me guys. I want to dance too!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...they are so cute. I miss them so much.

Love,
Auntie Tiff

Crisanne said...

Charlotte looks so cute in her ballet outfit! We nearly always use our digital camera for video so that we only have to carry around one thing. It also puts everything into Iphoto which is great having everything in one place.

Anonymous said...

Both of the girls are so cute!! Charlotte looks adorable in her ballet outfit.....has Juliard called for her yet?

-Melissa

The Snyder's said...

What an exciting week you guys have had...it's funny, I think of Maddy when I see those pics and now at age 11 she is starting pointe...your girls are beautiful!

Snowflowers Mum said...

I thought Shelby was the nutcracker in your house?

my bad.