Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sorry


Maeve I am sorry for what happened tonight. Unfortunately your little finger nails grow quickly....and well....they are sharp. It probably wasn't such a smart idea to try and clip them in a dimly lit room. But realize I have done it time after time before without incident. Not once had I ever cut you or your sister. Well my luck ran out tonight and I caught the skin under your little right thumbnail. You cried a horrific painful cry that parents hate to hear. I could do nothing but kiss you and quickly get through the other hand (hey I am not a quitter). I grabbed the boo boo bunny from the freezer and tried to hold it on your thumb, but you screamed and screamed and screamed. Luckily it stopped bleeding fairly quickly and I was able to calm you down slightly by holding you in my arms and walking around the house.

But you continued to cry in my arms as I tried to put you to sleep. Just looking at me with those big brown eyes crying. I couldn't help but think you were wondering "Why did you hurt me"? Slowly your eyes closed as you drank your bottle and you fell asleep in my arms.

I know it's only a little cut, but you are only a little girl and you aren't old enough to understand accidents. I am sure by tomorrow you will have forgotten all about it, minus the sore thumb. I love you and I am sorry for hurting you.

- Dad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have done the same thing to Alex once....I think that I felt worse than he ended up feeling. It is an aweful feeling when you are the one that makes them bleed... you are not alone Michael.

Melissa