Thursday, March 30, 2006

Deceived - Posted by Oliver

Mom got all of my stuff and Abigails stuff ready for our vacation in Vermont. She packed our portable water dish, packed some treats, even threw some toys in a bag! I was so excited to head to the Green Mountain State for a little R&R from the baby! I have been running around the house and yard all week anticipating the trip.

Mom threw our dog bed in the back of the car. We watched her pack the car up from the living room window. I kept crying for her to come back in and get us. Finally she came back into the house, grabbed my leash (Abigail doesn't need a leash) and took us outside!! Wooo HOOO!! Finally!!! She opened the back of the SUV and in I jumped with Abigial right behind me. Lets go Mom!! We are ready! Mom shuts the back of the SUV.

Mom turns away and walks back to the house. Wait....Where is she going? Why is she going back in the house? She already packed it for our trip away! She must have forgot to leave a note for dad on how to care for the baby.

Then...I saw it. Out strolls mom carrying the car seat...Charlotte smiling away. NO PLEASE LEAVE HER!! It was no use. She packed Charlotte up and locked her in the back in her car seat. Betrayed. Deceived. Devastated.

Charlotte cried most of the three hour trip. I was crying inside. All I wanted was a little attention, a little love. Not to be last behind dad, Charlotte, and Abigail. I thought Mom wanted some quality time with just her dogs. I was wrong. I was deceived.

-Oliver

No comments: