Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Being Thankful for Love

There is something magical that happens upon the birth of a child. It is something that is very difficult to narrow down because so many things change. It could be the overwhelming responsibility of being a parent. Never wanting to make mistakes that will effect your child. It could be the feeling of mortality. Realizing you are getting older and that your child needs you right here right now. It could be the sense of protectiveness that takes over after a child is born. Knowing no matter what you will fight, scrape, and scrounge to ensure your child gets whatever they need to grow up to be happy, strong, healthy, and loving. Mostly I think it is a sense of being thankful. Thankful that no matter how bad you might think things are you still have more than a lot of people.

I am thankful for everything in my life. Friends, family, relatives. I am thankful we have a daughter that has brought us more joy and laughter than you could ever imagine. I am thankful she lets us dress her up to take her picture. I am thankful she has brought some extra magic in the form of love to our lives. I am thankful that I have a computer to share this love with you.

Here is a picture of love:

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It's true. I just posted about all my Mommy Paranoia and that of my mortality and everyone else's. Having a kid really changes your life.

Happy LT!

Schatzi said...

Cutie Pie! Loved the post! So true!

Crunchy Carpets said...

Children are the embodiment of love...the physical realization of all those feelings that have drifted through our souls over the years.

The Snyder's said...

Gosh, I can't agree more Michael and Shelby! It's an overwhelming feeling of love for sure!