Saturday, October 28, 2006

Sadness

Someone in West Virginia wants to buy my opened package of diapers. I know there is nothing wrong with the diapers, but for some reason it makes me sad to think that a family out there is searching ebay for deals on opened diapers. I just picture some small coal town in the hills of West Virginia, parents struggling to buy formula and diapers for their kids. It just makes me feel guilty for everything I have and how buying another package of diapers was no big deal for us. It just makes us appreciate what we do have and how lucky we are compared to thousands of people out there.

Then again, it could be a someone who has a pet monkey and the monkey wears diapers. If it were a monkey who cares where the diapers come from. Or it could be a scientist like myself wanting to do comparisons with all the diaper brands. They might want to find out what the gel stuff is in the diaper. Or it could be a person who is going to export the diapers to the Middle East for thousands of dollars per diaper.

No comments: