Friday, January 19, 2007

Being a father

A fathers duty is to protect and care for his family. To Cherish his wife and make her understand she is the most beautiful woman in the world. To hold her close at night in strong arms when it's dark and cold. To constantly tell her how wonderful her cooking is. More importantly to tell her daily what an amazing mother she has become.

A fathers duty is to set an example for his children. To be a man of his word. To show that ethics is not something to study but to practice. To work until the job is done and provide as much as he can for his children. To be there in times of need and in times of joy. To leave a legacy of compassion, responsibility, and hard work.

It's not easy being a father. It takes work and constant practice, knowing that everything you do and say becomes magnified by your children. I hope one day Charlotte wants to hear from me how proud I am of her. Just like I hear from my father. I hope she talks to me every day just as Shelby does with her father. I have some pretty big shoes to fill.





2 comments:

Crisanne said...

Nice post...this is why I keep coming back. I hope you are having a wonderful weekend with your family!

Anonymous said...

you are such a sweet daddy...

Shell