Sunday, January 07, 2007

Its Never Good

Its never good when dad calls mom while he is out with the guys watching freestyle motorcross at the stadium, drinking beers, and mom says, "You had to call me? Now I am going to have to tell you."

"Tell me what?" dad says.
"About Charlotte" mom replies. Horrible thoughts race through dads head until he relizes mom is at home and she isn't hysterically crying...so it can't be that bad. "What happened?" he asks.
"I don't want you to worry. But she has a 103.3 fever and I just got off the phone with the Nurse on call at the hospital". Great. This is where you can just stop the fun. No matter where you are or what you are doing when you find out your child is sick the fun is over.
"Michael she is fine. I just talked to them and they said to just keep watching her and making sure the fever goes down after I give her Motrin. Are you having fun?"

Yes she actually asked if I was having fun. If you call drinking beers, eating sausage and peppers and watching guys on dirt bikes doing backflips 30 feet in the air fun...then yes I was having fun. A lot of fun. Obviously that ended quickly.

When I got home Charlotte was awake but crying. We took her into our bed. She cried. Her skin was boiling. Finally after an hour of crying she fell asleep. For about an hour. Then dad took her. Needless to say there was little to no sleep on Saturday night for mom or dad. What sleep we did catch was full of worry and concern.

Charlottes fever started around 3pm before dad left but it was low. After dad left her temperature kept increasing. Mom says she was acting normal despite her fever. However dad found the following pictures on the digital camera the next morning.






Nothing normal about Charlotte playing with her shoes in the toilet or a mother actually sitting back taking pictures while her daughter played with her shoes in the toilet. I blame it on her fever.

Oh and then there was Charlotte in her tu-tu and tiara all with a 102 fever. Definately not normal.


1 comment:

Crisanne said...

I hope your baby girl gets better soon. Push the fluids and the chicken noodle soup and give lots of hugs!