Monday, May 28, 2007

Birthdays, Canines, and Cookouts.

*Update: photos added

Nothing says Memorial Day better than the sound of high power assault rifles and the smell of bullets. Dad went to the firing range with Kurt and Jon to "pop some caps" as we say in 'da hood. Dad got to shoot the full arsenal of weapons, from the AR-15 & AK-47, to the 40 caliber hand gun. While dad would never actually own his own assault rifle, it sure was fun to shoot on the range. Dad was also VERY impressed with Kurt and how cautious he was with gun safety and making sure none of us made any mistakes. Thank you again Kurt for not letting us shoot ourselves or anyone else.

Friday was Shelbys Birthday. Yes I am a horrible husband for not posting on or before her birthday. 32 is a big deal and it was celebrated as such. Charlotte was dumped off at Kelly and Dave's and mom and dad hit the bright lights and big city of Portsmouth NH for a little shopping and a wonderful dinner. Of course it was the HOTTEST day of the year so walking around Portsmouth baking in the sun was not as glamorous as it sounded. As I am typing this mom is reminding dad to update the blog (4 days ago she had a birthday). It wasnt even announced. Am I going to update the blog and tell everyone it was her birthday? Do I know again that it was 4 days ago and yet no mention of it anywhere? If she would just stop telling me this as I type I can finish telling YOU what we did on her birthday. Ok back to the story...Portsmouth, sun, shopping, walking, you get the picture. We had dinner at Pesce Blue, a fancy seafood place that looks like it belongs in NYC not Portsmouth. The appetizers were awesome, and the mojitos were delicious. As for our meals, well....mom went for the hangar steak. It was a far cry from Milan at 55 Main in North Adams MA (the best hangar steak in the world). Dad got a whole sea bass cooked in a salt crust. Also a little lackluster. Oh well. He tried the best he could to impress mom. Sometimes it better to stick with what you know. I love you Shelby and I did try my best. I hope you had a great birthday with me none the less.

Saturday dad lugged rocks around the yard, and painted the deck (ok, primed the deck, he will have to finish the paint some night this week). Mom went to the nursery and bought some plants. Charlotte has the last of her teeth coming in. Mom says they are her canines. But we all know they are her incisors :) (this is why I love Shelby) Charlotte has been miserable all weekend long because of this. Therefore we arent going to say much about her except she was miserable all weekend. Oh and she is cute. So damn cute. She is walking around babbling. Mom bought her a kazoo in Portsmouth. She thinks she is the kazoo queen of Kansas. Walking around the house making horrible kazoo sounds and laughing (when is isn't crying because of her teeth).

Sunday we went to Paul and Jena's house for a cookout. Again Charlotte was miserable but we did make her watch Finding Nemo which kept her occupied for a while. So in the end the weekend was about a few things. Moms Birthday (yes for the 20th time she is telling me it was her Birthday on Friday), Charlotte's Canines, and lots of cookouts.



5 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Shelby!! Sounds like you had a good one! Love Amy

Anonymous said...

Not to worry-I still haven't blogged about my husband's birthday last Friday. Oops!

Anonymous said...

Oh and I call them canines too! :)

Snowflowers Mum said...

Happy birthday Shelb! 32 is VERY important, at least Mike thinks so, especially since he's also 32! 37(my next one, not so much)

I call them 'canines' too..so there! I also tell Mike, "did you see the size of that poop...it's 'human' sized"!

he gets a kick out of that!

Jessica Morris said...

Awww! What an adorable little girl!