Saturday, November 17, 2007

A good wife

Is hard to find. I am very lucky that I have a great wife. Dad is in a lot of pain. A lot of bruising, a lot of swelling, and well just very very uncomfortable. All the doctors made it seem like, yeah, you need surgery. No big deal. Its outpatient. In dads head outpatient meant painless quick recovery. He expected to be up and about the day after. Not the case. He has been stuck in bed most of the time living on percocets every 4 hours. You would think someone could create some pain medicine that didn't just make you dizzy and sleepy.

Mom has been great. Dad knows she really hates playing nurse but she has done a great job checking on dad, bringing him whatever he needs. Not so easy to do with a 2 year old hanging on your leg. Thank u dear for being so good to me. I will take my sponge bath now please.

2 comments:

James Michael said...

Thank you Michael for the post....I appreciate you thinking I am doing a good job. It's nothing compared to what a wonderful nurse you were all the times I had surgery. I do not know how you did it. I think you should have become a nurse as a profession. I am learning I would be fired on my first day. I love you and I hope you heal very very very soon:) (for your sake)

Anonymous said...

Aunt Pam says that if you take a percocet every four hours you won't be able to poop and then you could be in some pain :). Hope you're feeling better soon michael! I'm sure that Shelby is taking very good care of you!

-Melissa