Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Who you are

This year you have grown so much and changed from day to day. The best way to tell you who you are is to tell you about the things that make you....YOU.

You love to ride on dads shoulders. Ever since you could hold your head up dad would put you on his shoulders and walk you around. You would smile, drool on his head and giggle. You would wave at mom smiling, so proud at how high in the air you were.

You are a actress and have been since you were born. You cry on cue when you want something or are not getting the attention you feel you deserve. If you want to be held and when we put your down, you will cry as if you are hurt. The second we pick you up you will smile as if saying "Haaaa!! You fell for it again." Little do you know we enjoy holding you in our arms.

You love to wake up bright and early and get into bed with us. As soon as you are in bed you will crawl over to mom and stand and laugh and scream to wake her up. If she turns her head away from you you will pull her hair. You will crawl all over her, throwing your head around into the pillows smiling and laughing. The only way you will stop is for us turn on the television or to give you a bottle. This usually buys us another 30 minutes of peace. We sacrifice the morning news to the Wiggles, or Barney or Jo Jo.

You love playing games. You will sit in the bathroom and close the door so dad cant get in. I will knock on the door until you open it. Then you slam it shut until I do it again. Over and over until I walk away. Then you cry using your amazing acting powers and I come pick you up. You smile and then waive at your mom. She doesnt fall for your acting powers as much as dad does. I have a feeling I am in for a lifetime of acting.

You hate leftovers. One night you will love eating chicken. The next day you wont touch it. Rather you will play with it in your hands for a second. Look at it studying it...then toss it over the side of your seat for the dogs to eat. The same goes for steak, any vegatable, and fruit. The only exception is Cheerios which you can eat with every meal, every day. Dad used to trick you into eating your food by playing airplane with the spoon and making Zooom Zooom sounds. You would smile then in the food would go. You figured that one out quick and now just turn your head from side to side to prevent food you dont want from touching your lips. You like moms meatloaf. That makes her very happy. Keep it up kid and you will win her over forever. Remember this when you are 16 and want to borrow the car. Tell your mom how much you love her meatloaf. It will work.

You hate being told "no". You will push us on this one. You will go near the fireplace and we will tell you No. You will do 1 of 2 things. You with either turn around and cry (acting again)....or you will stop and touch it again until we say no. Repeat step above.

You are a girl with many faces. You can scowl one minute and laugh hysterically the next. Your smile can end even the most heated argument. Your laugh is infectious. You love being chased and tickled. Dad will say, "Im going to get you!" and you start screaming and laughing knowing I am going to catch you to tickle you. I cant help doing it over and over again just to hear you laugh.

You love the dogs. You will point at them and say DUUG. You will play with their toys and walk around the house with them in your mouth. We have long since gave up on trying to seperate dog toys from children toys. At this point they are one in the same. You love the blue dog chew toy and pink ball. Hey more power to you. You love to watch the dogs jump up on the bed in the morning and love to kiss Abigail. They are your best friends and you treat them like they are your brother and sister.

2 comments:

Mutterings of a Geriatric Junior said...

Happy birthday Charlotte. Your daddy said it all so beautifully. Grammy's day started normally a year ago today. Up at five, fix coffee, sit in front of the computer. Then just a few minutes into my coffee the phone rang. I knew I was about to become a grandmother again. I hurried to work, knowing in a few hours I'd get the call. I waited, telling everyone I couldn't leave my desk, I waited, and I waited some more. I began to worry when I had'nt heard from your daddy by 10:00. I just knew something was wrong. Finally, shortly before 11, I received his call. It's a girl!! Daddy was so excited, I could just see his beaming face. Darling Charlotte, I only wish I could have lived closer during your
first year. I want so much to share Grammy time with you. I will do whatever possible to keep us close in the year to come. I love you so very much.

The Snyder's said...

Happy Birthday Miss Charlotte!
Love Colin, Ryan, and Lisa