Monday, December 12, 2005

Back from the Doctors

Ok, I have some SERIOUS issues when it comes to going to the pediatrician office. We walked into the office and there were probably 10 sick kids and babies running around. Such a wonderful idea going to a germ infested place like that with a 5 day old. Luckily there was a lobby in the building. I immediately took Charlotte outside of the doctors office and into the lobby. It was quiet and the front door was opening constantly letting in fresh germ free air. No way was I letting her sit in that waiting room for a half an hour waiting to go in. People in the waiting room must of thought that we were crazy but I don't care.

Charlotte is doing fine. They weighed and measured her. She only 5 lbs and 4 ozs but they said that she was fine. Her head size I forgot but it was normal and that's all I cared about. They did give her the first immunization shot for hepatitis B after I reluctantly argued with the doctor about the need for it. Seems stupid to me but she assured me that it was safe and relatively painless. I told Shelby I will not be returning to the pediatrician office. I will change all the dirty diapers, clean up the house, do anything she asks me to do but I am not going back in there. The doctor is very nice but I just can't bear to be in there.

Then we went to the OB for Shelby's staple removal. I watched the whole thing and was COMPLETELY amazed with the tool to take the staples out. It was so cool to watch. I wanted to try my hand at it but I didn't dare ask. Of course we forgot to ask for a few of the staples back. Its ok, I think we will just use regular ones for the scrapbook. Plus it might not gross people out. We also kept Charlottes dirty bandaid from when they pricked her heel in the hospital. Maybe we should throw that out too. I know, we have issues.

So the funniest part of the day was after the pediatrician appointment (Shelby will kill me for telling you this) she needed to feed Charlotte. Shelby's milk came in yesterday...and when I say her milk came in I mean her milk came in enough to feed quincetuplets. So after the appointment we figured she could feed Charlotte in the car. She tried at first but there was some guy in his car in the parking lot so she made me drive to the other side of the parking lot where there were less cars. Charlotte tried and tried to get some but the were just TOO full. So I helped mom pump some of it out. Lets just say it went everywhere. Imagine seeing these some guy in the front seat of a car reaching back to the back seat of the car pumping a hand held breast pump while mom held the baby and tried to feed her. It was a mess but completely hysterical.

So that was our day. It took most of the day. Mom is now napping and it's 5:30. Dad's friends Jon and Tracey are coming over with dinner. It is such a relief not to have to cook again and honestly we don't have the strength. Oh and we went to the grocery store today...well dad did while mom waited in the car. He bought LOTS of spaghetti O's and TV dinners. So sad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Micheal,
So glad everything is going so well with you all! I'm not sure I've ever heard anyone so happy!!! Keep the funny stories coming! What a chuckle to start the day!!
Aunt Becky